Monday, November 30, 2009

The warm glow of creating


Am feeling pretty toasty right now. Last week I responded to an SOS on Facebook from a young mom friend who wanted a box with slots for advent toys for her little girl. She couldn't find one for purchase anywhere. I commented what about making one from felt and hot gluing on the pockets. Well one thing led to another and I ended up making one for her.

This was so much fun. I knew that oversized piece of red felt from the remnants bin at Len's Mill was speaking to me for a reason a few weeks ago.

All doo dads and ornamentation made from things found lying around the house - so no consumer demand for spun plastic was generated in the creation of this piece - which can of course be used for years to come.

Guess what I'll be listing early next fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment