Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bowls, needlefelt, tunes, pasta, Titanic!


Busy weekend. Fri- Benny and friend Selena painted the papier mache bowls we made in christmas colours. Next day were able to use as snack bowls for gold fish crackers and pretzels. These of course are rougher than primitive- but the whole thing has got me thinking positively about my 'gift of the season' idea.

Fave LYS called Fri to say my needle felting tools had arrived. The minute I tore the packaging off on Saturday they were put to good use. Was running out of time to embellish my Christmas coffee cosy - visions of various applique swirling in my head. But the needle felting option worked fabulously. I think is a terrific fit with the coffee pot, where the heat from the pot will weld the fibres together even more. Should make it fairly easy to launder.

Sunday has been music day. I wish we could do this every week. The girls got out their violins and we got some pretty fab trios going with violin and guitar. Even brought Benny in on his percussion set. He had surprisingly little patience for this.

However he had amazing patience for turning the crank on the pasta machine. Stan has got to be pleased to finally have a pasta pal with staying power.

Buddy nearly fell asleep in my arms at dinner, but had the endurance for the Mag Tree house Titanic book - 7 chapters! - before bed. He never ceases to amaze.

Wrapping up another fine week around the homestead!

No comments:

Post a Comment