Saturday, July 19, 2014

Well past time to update this blog!

It's been about a yr and 1/4 since we moved to the new house.

Late summer - fall - pre-Christmas I was basically cranking out sweaters.

I have about 5 started at the moment.

I tried an experiment a couple of yrs ago where I made up a couple of sweaters in cheaper yarn. Even with the price adjusted, they just didn't sell. I think i ended up putting one into a fundraising silent auction.

But I might try it again. I still have all that cheaper yarn. What else am I going to do with it. It may have been  a case of not framing the listings just right. For the record even tho I told potential buyers about these cheaper ones, they went the ones EXACTLY LIKE THE PICTURE because that's what the recipient wanted.

And I'm realizing sometimes people sit on a potential purchase for a long time. I was really surprised when I sold a sweater that had been lingering for more than a year to a person who said she'd been viewing it for a long time. It was a gorgeous sweater, and I was sad it was languishing. It could not have  found a more appreciative home. Lesson learned - maybe I just need to leave the listings posted a little longer.

Still thinking of making up (and selling?) stitch charts for  all 26 letters. I mean, sure, people could do this themselves. But right now it ends up being me spending a chunk of time working up custom letters when asked. Worth a try, I guess.

Motivated to do a new photo shoot since the first time since the move. As usual, based on customer queries. My models are older and moving on. Lucky I found my doll model today!

Sold a couple of Cousteau type watch caps out of the blue last week. Need to freshen up my hat inventory.

Good to finally get my child's HP sweater photo'd and posted. It's been sitting around for months.

Time to get going and root around in my stash...


No comments:

Post a Comment