Friday, December 9, 2011

Mid Dec Revu

Well friends, this year is showing signs of a degree of fiscal harshness that i don't think we felt as keenly around these parts last yr.

Recent discussion with a family member about how to support my enterprising soul during the pre-Christmas season led me to urge her to buy our books rather than knitwear. Summary - I would rather plunk 10 done deal books in the mail than stay up late knitting pairs of socks.

I've known for a while I have to let my ss curric website go. I've tried to keep that service free for several years. But it becomes more viable to post the lessons as pdfs to Createspace or Lulu than wait til the day i can't carry the site.

I'm okay with that. I have Adsense on the site, and just am not comfortable with how junky the ads make a page look. Better to have content and aesthetic control and offer at an affordable rate than lose the whole shootin match. Shame to lose my site with more than 100,000 hits. But these are the times we live in.

Signs are that Goodyarns will be going more the way of tales than fibre, and that's okay. I've been backing away from this inevitability all my life. Time to stare it down now.

Obvs will still work with sticks and string for friends fam and personal decompression. But time is going to have to be spent on the ink of goodyarnsink. Just so you know.

So here we sit in the eye of the storm for now, waiting for the blustery days of Jan to send us careering into our future... Wish us well!

No comments:

Post a Comment