Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Vendor Opportunity

Now here's something interesting. My friend Lisa, who lives in lovely Blyth in southwestern Ont., has been pitching me on going in as a vendor to an artist co-op in town, called Maple and Moose. (Is it 100 miles from GT - I don't know. But with family on Blue Mountain and the inlaws history with Sauble Beach, it's within 100 miles of my heart!) The co-op is housed in a lovely historic building, and gets lots of traffic due to the Blyth Theatre Festival. And the rates seem do-able. For the 9 months that the shop is open, rental rates for 1 vendor average out to $27 a week. That's a bit stiff if you don't have a strong sense of how much you would sell. But to team up on a space would cost half of that, so $13 and change, and that looks more in striking range. Hubby and I are going over to see a play at the end of the month, and will scope out the shop. Definitely food for thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment